Spring Semester 2023
Dear Parents or Guardians,
Congratulations on helping your senior graduate from John Adams High School. We share your
pride in your senior’s achievement.
The purpose of this letter is to provide you with information regarding our upcoming graduation
ceremony. If you have any questions, please contact:
Coordinator of Student Activities
Each Graduate will receive 5 Tickets for graduation approximately one week before the
ceremony. Please note that ticket limitations are due to seating constraints [Fire Laws and
Capacity Limitations] at Carnesecca Hall, St. John’s University.
-1 Ticket is for the graduation
-4 Tickets are for guests-
Please note that tickets are required for guests of all ages, including
babies and toddlers. No one will admitted to the theatre, regardless of age or size (Small
children on laps or infants/newborns in strollers)
Requesting Extra TicketsTickets can be requested in the SENIOR GOOGLE CLASSROOM using the Form
“REQUEST FOR EXTRA GRADUATION TICKETS”
Requests for tickets are not guaranteed- The Office of Student Activities will do their best to meet all
Carnesecca Hall, St. John’s University
St. John's University
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439
GPS: 40.721378, -73.790375
▪ Carnesecca Hall, St John’s University has a NO RE-ENTRY POLICY. All exits are final.
▪ Students and their families are responsible for their own transportation to and from
Graduation. Please plan accordingly and give yourselves enough time for travel.
▪ Students will be able to pick up their diplomas in the days following graduation. Mr.
Dwyer and Ms. Higgins will send out that information soon.
▪ Please remember that graduation participation is a privilege, not a required activity.
Students will need to adhere to a dress code and behavior standards. Appropriate attire
under the cap and gown will be a dress shirt, slacks, dresses, paint suits, sandals, dress
shoes, etc. Students should wear high heels at their own risk since they will be
navigating stairs and walking a distance.
▪ STUDENTS WILL ONLY WEAR THE CAP AND GOWN GIVEN TO THEM BY JOHN
ADAMS HIGH SCHOOL. STUDENTS WILL ONLY WEAR ANY SASHES, TASSELS,
PINS, or MEDALS GIVEN TO THEM BY JOHN ADAMS HIGH SCHOOL THAT THEY
EARNED THROUGH ACADEMIC ACCOLADES. NO OUTSIDE SASHES, TASSELS,
PINS OR MEDALS WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE CEREMONY (signed clause in
▪ We respectfully request your assistance in helping us adhere to these guidelines.
- Students must arrive at Graduation at 1:00 p.m.
- On the day of graduation, Tuesday June 20th, the doors for students to enter the Field House next to Carnesecca Hall will be open at 1:00 p.m. Seniors arriving after 2:00 p.m. may be required to be seated at the end of the line or not with their SLC (small learning community).
- We will not wait for any missing student to start the ceremony.
- Carnesecca Hall will begin opening its doors at 1:00 p.m. for all guests. Each guest must have their ticket to enter.
- Seniors, parents, guardians, friends, and relatives are asked to refrain from activities that would detract from the dignity of the most important occasion. Disruptive noises, noisemakers, and/or activities for, or from, your seniors or their guests interfere with other seniors and guests who desire a dignified ceremony. Seniors who behave in a disruptive or inappropriate manner will be removed from participation. Individuals who disrupt the ceremony will be escorted from Carnesecca Hall at St. John’s University.
- Parents should make prior arrangements as to where to meet their senior after the graduation ceremony has ended. Please do not disrupt the procession as graduates exit Carnesecca Hall. Please be mindful to exit the St. John’s premises as soon as possible as another school’s graduation will take place right after our ceremony has concluded.
- During the ceremony, Students will be seated on the main staging area (Basketball Court). No guest will be allowed past the bleachers onto the main staging areas (Basketball Court). St. John’s University and John Adams High School Staff Only.
- Seating is by General Admission and is on a first come, first serve basis. “Saving” seats will not be permitted.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available.
- Ceremony will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m. and end no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Caps and Gowns will be distributed during the Senior BBQ- date and time to be announced. It is of utmost importance that students attend school that day to receive their cap and gown. All graduation caps and gowns are blue.
- Seniors are required to wear their caps and gowns and to have appropriate attire under their caps and gowns. Those who do not comply with the standard of dress that is outlined earlier in this letter will not be allowed to participate. Cap decorations are subject to approval by Principal Cubero, AP Pashko, SLC Directors and Ms. Ciccone (COSA) and may NOT include profanity or any inappropriate material or images.
- Seniors who fail a required course and/or Regents exam for graduation will be notified by the Guidance Office and be enrolled in summer school classes.
- Please note if students walk at graduation prior to completing all requirements including exams, this does not automatically mean they have graduated from high school. Please communicate with your guidance counselor that you are on track to graduate