How to Guides
Our Instructional Focus
Teachers will plan, implement and differentiate lessons with appropriately rigorous tasks that are Next Generation State Standards aligned, and that require students to:
- Analyze a variety of culturally responsive-sustaining (CRSE) texts,
- Engage in academic discourse,
- Build academic vocabulary,
- Receive actionable feedback with an opportunity to revise based on the feedback, and
- Develop postsecondary writing skills to impact student achievement and ensure ownership of their learning.
Together, we will also ensure that our students receive evidence based social emotional learning supports so that they meet their academic goals.
The John Adams High School community strives to cultivate a passion for learning through innovative education, inclusive collaboration and a culture that challenges and empowers students to become productive members of society.
Our Priority Statement
Build teacher capacity around pedagogy, inclusion and equity to allow our students' to gain literacy and social emotional competence so that they meet the challenging and changing needs of the 21st century.
Our Mission Statement